First, what, you have the time to fake wash your hands but don't have the time to take the 2 seconds to add soap? You are already in the motion of washing your hands...add a little soap. Seriously, it takes like 2 seconds.
Second, Are you expecting all the germs to be drowned from all the water? What is the purpose of doing this? Really you are just smearing whatever is on your hands around..
I seriously have seen this so much down here. It makes me grossed out.
Here are the 3 most common things spread from not washing your hands, just in case you were thinking about going the Fake Handwashing Route:
Handwashing can stop three of the main ways in which diseases spread between people:
1. Fecal-oral transmission. This refers to diseases we get by ingesting fecal material (also called stool, excrement, poop, etc.), which happens more often than we'd like to imagine - usually because someone forgets to wash their hands after using the toilet and then touches food, drinks or other items. The germs are transferred to others who touch those items later. Many types of microbe are transmitted this way, including salmonellosis, shigellosis, hepatitis A, giardiasis, enterovirus, amebiasis and campylobacteriosis.
2. Indirect contact with respiratory secretions. Many diseases are spread indirectly by infected people who cough or sneeze into their hands, leaving respiratory discharges that can be picked up by other people when they touch or shake hands. Sneezers and coughers, wash your hands! The rest of us need to remember to wash our hands after touching anyone who has been coughing and sneezing. Influenza (flu), streptococcus, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and the common cold are just a few of the illnesses that can spread this way.
3. Contact with body fluids. Urine, saliva and other moist body substances can spread microbes including cytomegalovirus, typhoid, staphylococcal organisms, and Epstein-Barr virus. These germs can be transmitted from person to person or indirectly by contamination of food or objects such as toys.



5 comments:
I am one of the offenders that doesn't use soap every time. I have a good reason and I will share it with you now. My skin is REALLY sensitive (you've seen my crazy eczema) and the cheap soap in publice resrooms is really abrasive. Couple that with the fact that I have to pee like 500 times a day and you can see how if I used soap every time, my skin starts falling off my hands. Also, warm water and vigorous rubbing gets rid of most germs and bacteria so it's not that big a deal. Sorry to gross you out.
haha, I can see your point but honestly the bathrooms at our school has the soap like the kind in the hospital..that has the lotion in it. But I honestly dont think these people have the good excuse like you. haha :)
Jen,
Yucko. Me and George Castanza will never read in the bathroom again...ever.
Seriously though. Do you remember the Nortel guy who never washed his hands? Yucko. Yuck-o. Makes me want to say "Hey Poopyhands!" If I ever see him again...
Jay
Yeah, there seemed to be a lot of Nortel peeps that didn't wash his hands. HAHA! I totally know you "flagged" about every book or magazine in the place!
i am dry heaving. thank you. as if i wasn't already THEE most paranoid person about germs. im never touching ANYTHING EVER again.
Post a Comment