Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Not Really a First

I thought I would do a little picture blog of our time here in Chicago so far. Tomorrow is Independence Day so expect more pictures to come!

Rob and the Chicago buildings



I seriously LOVE street performers and Chicago is definitely not lacking in that area. This guy was so cool. He had these puppets playing and singing blues music. It was so realistic!


So Rob and I were walking around that city and we kept seeing this guys dressed in these strange leather outfits. We were like, " what is going on?! did we seriously just find the gay leather loving part of town?!" then we saw the Chicago Theater....Mr. Leather convention was in town. I did get to see a leather mesh tank top!
This is the view on the way to the Shedd Aquarium. That place was pretty cool. They had better fish that Sea World but Sea World had better shows.

Me: Rob I want to outline the buildings with my hands so tell me when the top of my hands are above the buildings....

Him: ok. Stop there, thats perfect.

Um... does anyone else see that Im only framing the smallest building.. haha


Fish loving man fountain outside the aquarium.

Atop the Sears tower. tallest in the US and 2nd tallest in the world.

Thats the river that runs through the city. Crazy story. A long time ago they were dumping their waste in the river and it started making everyone sick. They had to reverse the flow of the whole river so it would run down and they could continue to dump in it. There is a story of a man trying to row across it but had to go back because he was afraid a 6 foot sewage bubble would consume him! no lie!!

We waited until it got dark to see the town with all the lights on.

Look really close and you can see Wrigley Field.
This is the building from Independence Day. For down on the street it looks totally different


I love the city lights!

China town is so rad! I love to decorate my house with asian themes things and this place had so many cool things that I wanted to buy. We stopped to eat and this place and I tried Dim Sum. Okay, the thing i ate tasted like bone with cartilage and thats it!! it was so gross! And I am totally not a picky eater. It was funny because out waitress way like trying to sell us on all this stuff.
We found these hats in one of the shops. HAHA! We didn't buy them but they are pretty funny.

We went to the Taste of Chicago last weekend. It was really fun. There are tons of booths with all different kinds of food that you can taste. Chicago Dogs are the best!!



This is us as a reflection in the blob thingy...



This is the big metal bubble thingy (thats the official name..jk) right when you are walking into Millennium Park in downtown Chicago. You can see the buildings in the reflection


So thats just a little bit of all the fun stuff we have done while being here in Chicago. Tomorrow we will party with the whole Apx crew and then this weekend its off to Miami! I will definitely post pictures of our deep sea fishing adventure!

2 comments:

Lara said...

I'm seriously going to have nightmares about that blob thingy now. I'm not even kidding. Did you ever see that movie made in like the 17oo's called "The Blob"? Freakness!

Jen Jen said...

yeah I have seen it! It was so weird to see it..some guy totally walked right into it and hit his head. it was funny.

Music I like