Thursday, November 1, 2007

Races in Vegas

My sister, Carrie, and her husband, Tim, are really big in to racing. Every year they go to the races in Vegas. This year they decided to invite Rob and I. Neither of us have been before. It was way fun. As the top fuel dragsters would fly past us, you could feel them in your whole body. It would rattle your chest from the inside out. It was amazing! They were going so fast, over 300 mph!! It was a fun first experience. I also saw some very interesting people. Those of you that know me, know that I love to people watch. I took a few pictures of some of the people I saw and of other things too. Here they are. :)




Carrie and Rob were whipping each other with their ear plugs. I caught Carrie in action. This was the middle of her swinging them around like numchucks. Also the guy in the background looks very concerned.


Fanny packs, everywhere! This guy had the whole idea of how to CORRECTLY wear a fanny pack.


Super skinny photographer with multiple tattoos. Including a popeye anchor on his skinny non-popeyeish arm.

I love this blue background. These are the four guys...Jason, Rob, Don, and Tim.


Jason looking pimp.


Told you I love the blue background. I think this is a hot pic of Rob.


Me and my bro keepin it real. you know how we do!


There were tons of trailers and booths. This is a cool bike that Jason and Rob liked.


A wonderfully done mullet. Props to the hairdresser.


I swear he lifted this!! Right before Rob snapped the picture he dropped it. haha! Ok, seriously...do you believe me?


Leopard sleeveless shirt, check....hairspray, check......comb for ratting, check...

Very creative way to keep the hot sun off your face and neck. It does look uncomfortable so I am not sure the pros out weigh the cons. He was drunk so he probably didn't notice the cons, like the piece of cardboard jutting into his ear.
The first day of races, Carrie and I dropped off the guys and went shopping. I love me some Forever 21!

This is a picture that Rob took. It's one of the cars and looks like the kind Carrie and Tim race.


A picture of all the trailers that I was telling you about.


In the race world, I think one of those guys are famous. I am not sure who it is but Rob took a picture of them. Anyone know who it is?

These are the junior dragsters. Carrie and Tim have already bought one for Dani. I think you have to be at least 8 years old to drive these. Pretty cool.

5 comments:

Jarubla said...

LUCKY!(said in my best Napoleon voice)

Oh and by the way Jason and Rob were admiring the V-Rods. The bad arse one in black is the Night Rod Special. The NHRA POWERade champtionship has been won by a V-Rod three years straight! :) I swear I'm not a nerd, just a HD enthusiast.

Fun picts! Cardboard hat guy, and animal print woman are my faves

Jay

Lara said...

That is one AGGRESSIVE mullet!!! I'd say a 9.2 out of 10. Killer.

I thought that guy wearing the fanny pack had a red rose behind his ear. Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was just headphones. boo.

ANDREA said...

I have to agree with lara- that mullet was something fierce!!!!! Great pictures...and yes that blue background made for an awesome photo shoot!!!!!!! great job jen!

ANDREA said...

and no jay- your arent just an HD enthusiast...you ARE a nerd. a huge nerd. :)

Kar said...

LOVE the mullet. Beautiful.

Music I like